Swimming Our Spa Therapy Expert’s Tip for Summer Health
Swimming is excellent if you’re not into the gym or team sports but want to maintain a healthy body inside and out. Warmer weather means its less of a chore to journey in the cold to go swimming and you don’t have the problem of tension or cramping in the cold and damp after your swim.
Swimming helps us internally in these 5 ways:
• Regular swimming helps maintain a healthy figure leading to even weight loss as it exercises every area, tones muscles and builds strength
• A swim keeps your heart rate up but has less stress impact on your joints and muscles than running or weight training
• Swimming builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness
• Different strokes help improve co-ordination, balance and posture and build up limb flexibility
• It gently exercises stiff joints providing good low-impact therapy for some injuries and conditions
Swimming lifts mood and relieves stress in these 5 ways
• It is a relaxing and peaceful form of exercise. It can be done alone , not requiring counting or constant stopping to change equipment
• Swimming environments tend to be calmer and better to unwind in than a loud, claustrophobic gym atmosphere
• A swim alleviates stress because an over-active mind calms to the rhythm of strokes and relaxes with the buoyancy of the water
• It provides a pleasant way to cool down on a hot day
• By being available in many places there is no stress in organising a swim – you can swim in pools, beaches, lakes and rivers. Make sure that the environment you choose to swim in is safe.
Zen Ten Spa takes a holistic approach to health and it’s weight loss, body toning and injury and illness restoration programmes recommend swimming to complement the massage, counselling and holistic therapy support we offer which turns round our clients’ lives.
Call us now to book assessment and treatments; 07709 101010