Egg-straordinary Health Benefits at Easter
Here’s some surprising news this Easter- Eggs are a superfood! Sadly not the chocolate Easter eggs, but a single medium sized egg delivers 5 amazing health benefits:
- Packed with Vitamins and Minerals eggs deliver 13 health boosting must-haves including Vitamins A-K , zinc, selenium and phosphorous.
- It is a myth that eggs increase blood cholesterol. Although eggs contain a form of cholesterol eating them does not raise blood cholesterol levels in contrast to many unhealthy foods.
- Eggs contain anti-oxidants that improve eye health.
- Eggs are high in animal protein without the health downsides of some meat and dairy products.
- Our bodies feel fuller after eating eggs and yet they are calorie-light so a good diet food.
If you think about it, a whole egg contains all the nutrients required to turn a single cell into a baby chicken.
Here are the top ingredients all of which we need daily. A single standard egg contains
- Vitamin A: 6% of the RDA
- Folate: 5% of the RDA
- Vitamin B5: 7% of the RDA
- Vitamin B12: 9% of the RDA
- Vitamin B2: 15% of the RDA
- Phosphorus: 9% of the RDA
And all for only 77 calories for a single standard sized egg.
Free range, organic eggs from pasture fed hens are of course best of all as happy hens pass on the feelgood factor, but all eggs share these superfood benefits. So don’t just add them to your diet at Easter, adapt what you eat year-round to make space for egg-straordinary health benefits.
If you value your health and wellbeing- Edge in the Eggs!
For nutrition and healthy lifestyle advice and complementary therapies such as massage , reflexology, aromatherapy and reiki to maintain great health call Zen Ten Spa 07709 101010. The world’s first spa that travels to your doorstop offering tailormade therapies designed around your needs.